Wire Guide Roller
Vulkollan® is a premium, high performance polyurethane produced by polyaddition with the exclusive use of Desmodur® 15, polyester-polyol, and a cross-linking agent (chain extender). It is available in solid or foam polyurethane.
The material Vulkollan® (Plei-Tech® 15), the first polyurethane developed in Germany after World War II, offers outstanding mechanical properties which make it suitable for a large range of applications:
- Excellent resistance to mechanical wear
- High rebound resilience, even in hard grades
- Good tear propagation resistance
- Low compression set
- Good resistance to mineral oils, greases, petrol and a wide range of solvents
- Best dynamic performance of all urethanes
Vulkollan® fills the gap in the hardness range between rubber/elastic materials and hard-plastics (e.g. polyamide). Its hardness ranges from 65 shore A to 70 shore D. Cellular Vulkollan® is manufactured in a gross density range from 350 to 650 kg/m3.
Because of its outstanding mechanical properties, Vulkollan® is employed throughout industrial sectors where high demands are required of such materials. Vulkollan® is commonly molded into high performance parts such as:
- Technically molded parts from drawings or samples
- Vulkollan® to metal bonding (e.g. high-load wheels or covered rollers)
- Sleeves, gaskets, sheets, and strips
- Tubes, rods, and profiles
- Bumpers (solid or foam)
- UV ink resistant squeegees
For more information on Pleiger Plastics’ selection of Vulkollan® high performance polyurethanes, contact us today.